PRP Rejuvenation San Jose
New Facial Cell Therapy with Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is Available at Jenesis
Jenesis is proud to be one of the first clinics in USA in the Cosmetic arena chosen to launch PRP. Dr. Fred Choi, Founder of Skin & Body Research, and Dr. Jane have already demonstrated the successful treatment results especially when combined with the fat transfer.
We acquired an advanced PRP process of facial rejuvenation with autologous platelet-rich plasma. PRP can be delivered to the anaesthetized skin by direct injection with a conventional hypodermic syringe and small bevelled needle or combined after Fraxel or Active FX laser treatment for the further tightening as well.
The skin has to be numbed with topical anesthetic cream and subcutaneous injection of local anesthetic agent. All make-up should have been removed prior to this procedure of skin biostimulation with PRP. The needle pricks in the skin are needed to kick-start the healing process of the PRP REJUVENATION and proliferation of fibroblasts that will produce collagen needed to rejuvenate your skin. The process is slow and takes about 3 months, although good results are perceptible as early as 3 weeks. The rejuvenated fibroblasts last for a while and then succumb again to the inevitable chronological aging process and become tired.
Advanced Lipofilling is a new technique to improve engraftment of autologous fat transfer for natural rejuvenation need. Admixture of the fatty injectate with A-PRP (or c-PRP) may well enhance engraftment of the adipocytes in the recipient and thus improve cell retention. Typically, a series of laser or light skin rejuvenation therapies are recommended along with autologous fat transfer to improve skin quality.
- Quantifiable improvement of skin complexion with visible changes noticeable in 3-4 weeks-especially forehead, cheeks, neck and back of hands
- Increased survival rate of the transferred fat
- More tightening result with Fraxel or Active FX laser resurfacing
- PRP is not a volumetric filler, but biological cell therapy with your own cells and enriched plasma
Before and After Pictures
All pictures are of actual patients of our practice who have provided consent to display online. Viewers should understand that results do vary and not all individuals achieve the results depicted here. The following pages contain some nude images. By clinking on “View Images” below, you are acknowledging that you are over this legal age of 18 and are consenting to view these images.
Jensesis LipoPlasty & Laser provides treatments to patients throughout San Jose, San Francisco, Bay Area and out of town.
*Individual results may vary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Doctor takes a sample of venous blood from your arm
- Blood is placed in a special collection tube and the PRP is processed.
- PRP generation takes 30 minutes in a side room and is an accepted process.
- Cover face with topical numbing cream, or equivalent, 30-45 minutes before injection to make sure the face feels numb. Local anesthesia may still be needed.
- Multiple small injections are made close together into the skin releasing the PRP in order to kick-start rejuvenation by GF stimulation that is derived from your platelets.
- Recovery is fast. Some persons show more swelling of the skin under the injections than other clients. It is impossible to identify who will show excessive swelling. Fortunately, the swelling subsides in everyone and there are no sequelae. Marked improvement in your skin condition and your overall appearance can be expected.
- Adding sessions of LED (non thermal red light) to the process is in your interest and recommended. Daily application of glycolic formulation will enhance the results further. Multimodal treatment combining light, creams, and massage is important.
- Glabella crease
- Malar and cheek area
- Periorbital and perioral zones ( including lower lid)
- Nasolabial and nasojugal folds
- Hands and neck
A. Aging of the skin, dermal components, and cells, results in deteriorating skin texture and appearance. Aging affects the hands, and soft tissue of the face and body. This is characterized by sagging, thinning of the skin, puffiness, age spots (lentigines) and wrinkling (forehead, cheeks, neck and décolleté). Tissue on the arms becomes thin and loose. General texture of the skin changes and dryness is a problem. Sun exposure worsens the process by solar-aging and UV irradiation. This means that facial wrinkles and body texture deteriorate with time.
mSome people, of both genders, choose to age naturally and are not concerned about looking like their grand-parents in years to come. However, in this new era of anti-aging medicine, people can choose for graceful aging. The trend now is to turn back the clock and undergo some form of rejuvenation to reduce facial wrinkles, lines and blemishes and rejuvenate the body.
The process is based on the regeneration mechanism of your own cells and more specifically, autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP). This is also referred to as autologous cellular regeneration (ACR) an aesthetic practice, which is a safe and tolerable procedure. Used in combination with [other procedures] it can potentiate the results of your other anti ageing modalities.
A. Approx 45 mins to 1 hour per every two test tubes. It takes longer if fat transfer is performed in conjunction.
A. Not everyone is suitable. Persons with skin disease (SLE, porphyria, allergies), cancer, chemotherapy, severe metabolic and systemic disorders, and abnormal platelet function (i.e. blood disorders). Anti-coagulation therapy and underlying sepsis excludes the use of PRP.
Note: INVARIABLE OR NO RESPONSE TO PRP INCLUDE:
- Alcohol abuse
- Genetics and rapid natural chronological aging with line formation
- Advanced solar aging
- Advanced hyperpigmentation
- Advanced and irreversible facial changes: type iii and iv face
- Deep vertical forehead lines
- Telangiectasis of the cheeks and nose associated with plethora
- Deep perioral lines (marionette lines)
- Persons with underlying systemic disorders
A. Results can be visible at 3 weeks and improve gradually over ensuing months with improvement in texture and tone.*
*Individual results may vary.
Cosmeceutical and Light therapies can enhance the results.
Advanced wrinkling cannot be reversed and a minimal improvement is predictable in persons with alcohol and tobacco abuse. Combination therapy is advisable talk to Dr. Jane.
Severe scarring may not respond.
Further plasma treatment is also popular and safe. PRP is effective and well tolerated, but patient selection is important if predictable results are to be expected.
A. It is safe treatment because autologous (your own) plasma is used. Expect mild redness, swelling, bruising and minor discomfort.
- Intra-vascular injection ( thrombus)
- Nerve trauma (very rare)
- Haematoma/ bruising ( common , down-time 24-48 hours, and completely reversible)
- Secondary infection ( very rare)
- Peri-orbital swelling ( reversible in all cases)