Fillers San Jose
Refresh Your Eyes, Brow, Mouth, Jaw Line, Cheeks and the Nose without Knife and Downtime
Non-surgical Facelift (Facial re-contouring) with the Dermal Fillers
As our skin ages, it begins to show changes that are undesirable. The fat and collagen underlying our skin begins to diminish due to the natural aging process. Therefore, our skin starts to sag and develop wrinkles. One way to correct these effects is a surgical procedure called a facelift, which is costly and is an invasive procedure that has risks. Dermal fillers are a minimally invasive procedure with little or no recovery time, which costs less then surgery and has minimal risks.
Facial fillers such as Juvéderm™, Radiesse®, Restylane®, and Bellafill ® can replace lost structure and volume. Innovation in new technologies such as Botox and dermal fillers can make you look younger and fresher without any downtime or surgical scars. Jenesis Non-surgical Liquid Facelift with Dermal filler and Botox offers a variety of age defying treatments to obtain a healthier and youthful appearance.
However, actual procedural technique is a very challenging and requires technological innovation, artistry, and experience. Non-surgical procedures can be very effective alternatives to traditional surgical procedures. A well done non-surgical facelift done by an experienced, skilled cosmetic surgeon is the most effective and safe facial rejuvenation procedure for patients with significant volume loss on the face and aged skin.
Dr. Jane is a highly-trained, experienced, and trustworthy doctor who can provide you with the best available facial rejuvenation procedures customized for your face. She also has an artistic appreciation of facial beauty and understands the essential characteristics of a young-looking face. Dr. Jane’s experience, artistry and innovation can help you bring out the natural beauty of your face and your body.
- Non-surgical Nose job for Nasal Bridge and Straight Nasal Profile
- Eyebrows Enhancement
- Cheek Augmentation for Prominent Cheek Bones
- Chin Augmentation for Enhancing a weak chin and improving overall facial harmony
- Dark circle Removal for Refreshed Looking
- Increase lip volume
- Enhance lip borders
- Remodel or enhance cheeks
- Correct volume loss
- Fill tear troughs and pre-jowl sulci
- Smooth nasolabial folds
- Soften marionette lines and mental crease
- Lift mouth frown and eyebrow droop
- Soften forehead lines and crow’s feet
Injectable fillers are an excellent non-surgical treatment for correction of deepening creases, fine lines and wrinkles and facial volume loss leading to a hollow or skeletal appearance. If done well, this type of treatment (sometimes referred to as “collagen injections”) can lead immediately to a more youthful and refreshed look. Why not trust a specialist of the face to accomplish such an important facial treatment?
The same plan does not work for everyone – we know how personal this process is for each individual. Some patients want a single area addressed such as the folds around the mouth or the fine lines around the lips. Others want to treat their face more comprehensively. There are now multiple ways to replace volume. Dermal fillers, such as Juvéderm™, Radiesse®, Restylane®, and Bellafill ® are important tools for the facial plastic surgeon. As experienced facial plastic surgeons, we’ll design a treatment plan tailored to each patient based on their specific needs and desires. Sometimes the best result can be achieved using different fillers that complement each other. Volume loss can also be replaced using fat transfer or fat grafting from one part of the body to another.
We work exclusively on the face and have extensive experience with non-surgical and surgical facial rejuvenation. Just as importantly, we will take the time to understand your goals, create a specific treatment plan and achieve a result that matches your desires and expectations.
appointment to see us in the Bay Area in our Palo Alto or San Jose offices.
FACIAL FILLERS & INJECTABLES BY DR. Jane
What can I accomplish by choosing dermal fillers?
A youthful face has volume and subtle contours. As we age we lose fat in certain areas like over the cheeks, temples and around the mouth. This volume loss produces a sunken appearance and a wrinkled texture to the skin. Injectable fillers are a minimally invasive treatment to correct many of the signs of aging. They can make a dramatic improvement with minimal downtime.
We offer treatments with Juvederm®, Restylane®, Radiesse®, and Bellafill®. We also offer Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin depending on the needs and goals of the patient. Because we have a unique understanding of complex facial anatomy, developed through training and experience as facial plastic surgeons, we think about the face as a three-dimensional structure comprised of layers of skin, complex facial muscles, connective tissue and bone. It is not simply about filling lines and wrinkles, but rather about achieving harmony and balance in the contours of an attractive face. We also offer the innovative microcannula injection method. These blunt ended microcannulas pierce fewer arteries and veins when inserted through the skin, resulting in less bruising, swelling, and downtime.
What areas are treated with dermal fillers and injectables?
Common indications for dermal fillers/injectables:
- Deepening of the folds around the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Deepening of folds that run from the corners of the mouth toward the chin (marionette lines)
- Downturn of the corners of mouth that creates a permanent frown or unhappy look
- Deepening of the hollow in front of the jowls
- Fine lines around the mouth (smoker’s lines)
- Scars that have created depressions as they have healed
- Creases in the brow and forehead
- Acne scarring
- Hollowness and shadowing under the eyes
- Volume loss at the cheeks and cheekbones
- Sinking in at the temples
- Lip augmentation (lip injections)/lip enhancement
Please find information about the various types of fillers below.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Juvederm®, Voluma™, Restylane®, Perlane®, Belotero Balance®
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found in all parts of our own body
- These fillers are soft and easy to inject at various depths in the skin
- Safe with very low allergy potential
- There is an antidote – this is the one class of filler that is reversible
- Results tend to last 9-24 months depending on where the injection is given and which filler is selected
- Common areas: fine lines around the mouth, lips, enhancement to the cheek area, under eyes, tear trough, folds around the mouth
Request your consultation online or call 408 996-0200 to schedule an appointment to see us in the Bay Area in our Palo Alto or San Jose offices.
Calcium Hydroxylapatite: Radiesse®
- Naturally occurring substance found in bones
- Excellent structural filler, used for filling in deeper folds and hollows
- Safe – very low allergy potential
- Lasts 18 months on average
- Common indications: deeper folds around the mouth, hollows in front of the jowl, sunken cheek bones, hollowing at the temples
Injectable Poly-L-Lactic Acid: Sculptra®
- Indicated for volume loss and hollowing along the cheeks, midface, and temples
- Works by stimulating your own collagen, restoring fullness to volume, depleted areas and deeper wrinkles
- Can last well over 2 years after complete correction is achieved
- At least 2 sessions are required. The best results are achieved with 2-4 sessions
This is a very common question during a consultation. All the fillers work in the same way – they are injected beneath the skin wrinkles and hollows caused by the natural aging process. They help rejuvenate and replenish the skin helping those areas that lie flat to regain natural contours and thereby decrease shadows and concavities. Fillers also have a lifting capability. Each filler has its own applications in different parts of the face. During your visit, we will determine which fillers will address your unique needs.
What should I expect from an injectable dermal fillers treatment session?
Once you decide to proceed with treatment with dermal fillers, we will carefully analyze your face and devise a comprehensive treatment plan that takes on a global approach. Our philosophy is to never have our patients look “over-filled” or “over-done.” It is always better for our patients to age gracefully and appear natural. It is vital to us to obtain a result that balances all your facial features in harmony. We will suggest very specific refinements to enhance your beauty without the worry of surgery or downtime.
Botox® Cosmetic and fillers are often combined to make the perfect yet subtle enhancements to your face and have been referred to as a “facelift.” Botox® Cosmetic can improve wrinkles caused by movement of the facial muscles while dermal fillers can enhance a wider variety of areas of the face by increasing volume and thereby eradicating wrinkles, shadows, creases and depressions of the face.
Using a very small needle, the chosen filler is injected into targeted areas. There is rarely much discomfort. Redness at the injection sites should subside within an hour. Bruising is infrequent but when present can last for a few days. This can be camouflaged with makeup. Patients can return to work immediately after treatment. The treatment takes effect immediately and results can last between 3 months to over a year, depending on the type of filler used. Dermal fillers are a safe, easy and effective way to restore volume to the face and minimize or even erase wrinkles. Treatment should be performed by an experienced professional you trust.
Our core objective is to provide a safe, comfortable experience that produces natural results. We have provided before and after photos of our patients to help you visualize the possibilities.