At Jenesis Lipoplasty & Laser, we perform Bellafill treatments to fill in frustrating acne scars. Acne scars tend to overstay their welcome. Acne is distressing enough as it is, but when acne also leaves behind prominent scars, it can feel like the problem will never go away.

Bellafill is an FDA-approved dermal filler that increases volume underneath the skin, smoothing out depressions caused by acne. It’s ideal for treatment of moderate to severe atrophic facial acne scars on the cheeks.

How Does Bellafill Treat Acne Scars?

Bellafill is made up of two main components: collagen and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). Bellafill is comprised of almost 80% percent collagen, and the other 20% is PMMA microspheres.

Collagen is a substance that is also naturally found within and produced by the human body. It is necessary in maintaining skin elasticity and a generally healthy appearance. The collagen present in Bellafill restores volume, elevating the skin and reducing the appearance of the acne scarring. It ensures that the skin feels smooth and soft to the touch.

The other compound, PMMA, creates a foundation in the skin tissues, immediately restoring structure and volume. New natural collagen forms around this foundation, adding volume to the skin and elevating it over time.

Note that Bellafill does not remove all kinds of acne scars and is specifically intended for use on rolling acne scars. It is not ideal for treatment of boxcar or ice pick scars.

What Is the Bellafill Treatment Process Like?

Bellafill acne scar treatment can be performed in the office and within one to two visits. During treatment, Bellafill is injected into the places where acne scars have formed. A local anesthetic called lidocaine is included in Bellafill to numb the treatment area against any pain or discomfort. A topical numbing cream may also be applied beforehand for numbing purposes.

The results from the treatment are visible immediately. By the time the patient leaves from their appointment, their acne scars will have already visibly faded.

After the treatment session, patients will be able to return to their daily schedule without recovery time. This makes the treatment incredibly convenient. Minor swelling, bruising, or redness may be present at the injection sites but will ameliorate shortly.

How Long Do Bellafill’s Results Last?

This FDA-approved dermal filler is not only safe to use in the treatment of acne scars, it offers longevity as well. While Bellafill is marketed as producing results that last up to one year, actual results have shown even greater efficacy. Bellafill has on many occasions been seen to create results that lasted five years or more.

Bellafill is not a permanent solution to acne scars. After its results fade, patients will need to come in for maintenance treatments to preserve their smooth acne-scar-free skin.

Get Started Today

Is Bellafill the ideal treatment option for your acne scars? If this injectable filler sounds like a perfect solution, it’s time to take the first step. Contact Jenesis Lipoplasty & Laser and set up a consultation today to get started.